“The Cavendish Hotel, on the Chatsworth Estate, sounds its stately presence like an outcrop of sun-scrubbed sandstone in a pastoral landscape of peaks and caverns."
Your break includes:
- 2 nights' accommodation in a Standard Room
- Welcome half bottle of Laurent-Perrier champagne in your room on arrival
- 2 adult tickets to Chatsworth House & Garden (held at hotel reception)
- Award-winning 3-course dinner, à la carte, served in the Gallery Restaurant on 1 night
- Full English breakfast each morning
- Free Wi-Fi & free on-site parking
Why We Love The Cavendish:
- Short walk takes you to the doorstep of Britain's favourite country house
- In the heart of the Peak District National Park's Derbyshire Dales
- Much of the lavish decor and antique furnishings come from Chatsworth
- Bedrooms enjoy idyllic pastoral views over the Chatsworth Estate
- Delicious 2-AA-Rosette-awarded modern British cuisine and chef's table
- Lazy luxury - a full country breakfast is served daily until noon
About Chatsworth House:
Set in a 30,000-acre estate on the east bank of the River Derwent, Chatsworth House is the seat of the Duke of Devonshire. Despite being situated in Derbyshire, the 1st Earl of Devonshire was so called because the title of the Earl of Derby was not available. In 1694, William Cavendish (fifth generation) was made the 1st Duke of Devonshire by William III of Orange. Since 1549, Chatsworth has been passed down through 16 generations of the Cavendish family.
Boasting one of the finest private art collections in the world, treasures have been acquired by the Cavendish family from the 16th century to the present day: artefacts from ancient Egypt; Elizabethan needlework to Enlightenment scientific instruments; Old Master drawings; neoclassical to 21st century sculpture; and computer portraits. The Devonshire Collection includes paintings of Chatsworth and the Cavendish family throughout the ages by masters of the day, including Sir Anthony van Dyck, Pompeo Batoni, John Singer Sargent and Sir Joshua Reynolds. Recently opened, the New Gallery also houses a programme of exhibitions that are exclusive to Chatsworth. The magnificent Painted Hall, with its grand staircase and painted ceiling, is awe-inspiring to behold.
(Photo credit: Chatsworth House © 2018 Chatsworth House Trust)